3 March 2003

Happy New Year!

Tonight is the first night of the Islamic year of 1424 Hijri. Looking back on 1423H I feel a great deal of accomplishment. Spiritual accomplishment (I received a Mafsiyat), academic accomplishment (I completed my PhD) and personal accomplishment (I fell in love with Tasneem). I feel so overwhelmed with the fortunes of this past year, that I'm not sure how I would even begin to express my gratitude. But the strange thing is that although these accomplishments are relatively recent, I think I've already forgotten how my life was before them: What was it like before I entered the big bad world of work? How did I go about my days before I'd met Tasneem? What was my life like in 1422H?... Does not compute.

Anyhow, before this becomes a convolution of physics and philosophy (I'm not in the mood to elaborate upon either right now, sorry), I'd better wish you all a Hippy New Year...

Pehli Raat Mubarak!

I hope that all your wishes are fulfilled by the grace of Allah and the dua mubarak of Aqa Moula (TUS), and I hope that your 1424H is as good as my 1423H. If not, better!