20 March 2003

Do you feel lucky?

I received the following mail from Travis today, which, although shocking, brought a big smile to my face. It's a shame I don't believe in luck. ;)

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:36:23 +0000
From: Yuen, Travis
Subject: feeling luck today?

Sometimes, you just have to feel lucky when nothing in particular happens to you.

I wear a seatbelt most of the time even when I am in a taxi. The only exception was this morning.

I was in a major car accident this morning. The "left handed drive" lorry literally crashed into the passenger seat (where I was). And the most exciting thing is: I can see the lorry coming and there was absolutely nothing you can do to stop it coming into your face. The impact actually is not that heavy. However, I still got thrown from the left seat to the right, just managed to stop getting thrown out of the window on the right. The taxi is pretty badly damaged on the left and rear. The foreign lorry driver does not speak a word of English but very cross.

Chinese saying: If you are not dead in a major accident, you will have a lot of good luck. So, I think I better go and get a lotto tonight.

Damn, I should have waited there and I could be on the telly tonight.

Pray for me. (the lotto, the lotto)